• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link is broken and I don't know how to fix it

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import a premiere sequence into AE it shows up fine, the preview plays back, but when I drag it down to the timeline to turn it into a composition, I end up with a blank composition with nothing in it. It's the same length as my sequence but no matter how I import it it's always empty. It's the same thing with all of my Premiere projects so it's not an issue with the one file.

AE to Premiere dynamic link works fine so I have no idea what's wrong. I've updated to the latest versions of AE and PP, I've then tried downgrading them both, uninstalling and re-installing, nothing seems to work.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info on your system, your sequence settings and so on we can't tell you much. This could be anything from using an odd setting to inadequate hardware acceleration resources to incompatible CoiDecs. Just because it works in one direction is never a guarantee it works in reverse as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the sequence settings are both 1080p60 if that's what you mean. This has never happened before, it just started one day and everything was fine before. I'm not any sort of advanced user, I'm more of a hobbyist so it's not like I mess around much with any of the settings.

My computer is running on the latest version of Windows 10 on a custom-built desktop with a  i7-6700K, a  GTX 1070 and 32GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you cleaned out the caches and temp folders on both ends? Could simply be corruption or running out of storage space in them (unrelated to how much actual disk space you have left). Other than that I'd simply reinstall the programs. Sometimes Windows replaces DLLs in updates or changes minute security details and it may prevent the connection from working.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've emptied the media caches in Premiere and After Effects, still no change. Tried re-installing again but still not fixed either. Are there other temp folders that I can try to clean out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines