Highlighted

Dynamic Link not connecting to Media Encoder from AE

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't export anything out of After Effects, it says Media Encoder is not installed (which is false), then says something about Dynamic Link....anyone know how to fix this? I have CC and my Media Encoder is the 2020 version, and AE is 2019.  I gotta get this spot exported. Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by angie_taylor | Adobe Community Professional

Both versions should be the same. So Uninstall AME 20 and then reinstall Media Encoder 19 via the Adobe CC app. That should fix it for you 🙂

Topics

Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Link not connecting to Media Encoder from AE

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't export anything out of After Effects, it says Media Encoder is not installed (which is false), then says something about Dynamic Link....anyone know how to fix this? I have CC and my Media Encoder is the 2020 version, and AE is 2019.  I gotta get this spot exported. Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by angie_taylor | Adobe Community Professional

Both versions should be the same. So Uninstall AME 20 and then reinstall Media Encoder 19 via the Adobe CC app. That should fix it for you 🙂

Topics

Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Angie said, dynamic link works only between the same versions of the applications e.g. After Effects 2020 will work with Adobe Media Encoder 2020. After Effects 2019 will work with AME 2019. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both my AME and AE are 2020 are it keeps saying the dynamic links might not be installed? how do i install??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FWCMedia238,

Can you share the exact version numbers of After Effects and Media Encoder? Here is how you can find that out: https://adobe.ly/2Tri88U

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem. Every application is updated. After effects newest version 17.06 ,Meda Encoder 14.1 (there is no other in CC). I can not render my files due to Dynamic Link problems. Could You help me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kamilas37911494,

I suspect you're running into a slightly different issue. Are you getting an error message that says Media Encoder is not installed? If you're not getting this error and are experiencing an issue where dynamic link fails, then you need to follow different troubleshooting steps. Please clarify this so that we can help you better.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue.

I have a brand new laptop with both up to date AE and AME, both the same versions. I am not getting any error message, AME just will not show anything in the queue. 

Thanks,

Rhiannon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines