Highlighted

Dynamic Link PP-AE, Error 86::1

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I need some help with the adobe dynamic link, every time I try to pass a file from premiere to AE or viceversa the error After Effects error : Could not open source file. Please check that file exists with correct permissions. (86 ::1) 

and I've read that it's because of the version of the programs, and that they need to match to work, but I`ve installed the latest versions and it still doesn`t work.

I could really use some help.

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Link PP-AE, Error 86::1

New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I need some help with the adobe dynamic link, every time I try to pass a file from premiere to AE or viceversa the error After Effects error : Could not open source file. Please check that file exists with correct permissions. (86 ::1) 

and I've read that it's because of the version of the programs, and that they need to match to work, but I`ve installed the latest versions and it still doesn`t work.

I could really use some help.

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2020 0
shivangg LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Error 86::1 usually happens when the media is not linked to the project. Since, we are linking the .prproj file to After Effects dynamically, we'll need to check.

• Where have you saved your media files used in Premiere Pro project?
  • Where have you saved your .prproj and .aep files?
  • Also, which version of Adobe applications are you using?

Let us know. We're here to help

Thanks,

Shivangi

Note: I have moved this conversation to a different discussion so that we can help you with this issue specifically. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0