Highlighted

Echo Effect where where leading image goes behind echo image

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make an echo effect that starts behind the subject and then comes to the foreground

Here's the clip I'm working on. The effect works for the first two seconds. Then at the two-second mark where the top girl's butt comes into view I want the first echo to come into the foreground as it would naturally if it were a second person on the pole. How can I achieve this?  

Thanks any help

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Echo Effect where where leading image goes behind echo image

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make an echo effect that starts behind the subject and then comes to the foreground

Here's the clip I'm working on. The effect works for the first two seconds. Then at the two-second mark where the top girl's butt comes into view I want the first echo to come into the foreground as it would naturally if it were a second person on the pole. How can I achieve this?  

Thanks any help

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project like that requires some roto work to separate an actor from the background. 

When you apply Echo you have the option of moving the repeated frames forward or backward in time. You also have various compositing options. The compositing option you should try is Composite in Front. If that does not work try Composite in Back.

You have an additional problem if you are trying to composite the girl spinning on the pole because the composite is 2D, not 3D. It's just layers, but your actor is moving in 3D space. The solution to that problem is a lot more difficult. You're going to have to not only duplicate the layer with echo applied, but you're also going to have to add a mask to split the layers into the left side of the pole and right side of the pole, then switch between in front and back depending on the rotations the girl makes. There is no way to do it all on one layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0