Highlighted

Edge of shape layer being cut off?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I have an echo effect on a shape layer and I'm trying to create a trailing echo effect.  For some reason the edges of the echos are being cutoff.  I've circled what I'm talking about in the images attached below.  Does anybody know how to fix this?
AfterEffects issue.pngAfterEffectsIssue2.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Edge of shape layer being cut off?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I have an echo effect on a shape layer and I'm trying to create a trailing echo effect.  For some reason the edges of the echos are being cutoff.  I've circled what I'm talking about in the images attached below.  Does anybody know how to fix this?
AfterEffects issue.pngAfterEffectsIssue2.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you are reaching the boundaries of the shape layer. Try to precompose your Shape layer and then apply the Echo effect over the precomposition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are showing us the echo settings for layer Red Stroke 3 and the keyframes for layer Red Stroke 2. We have no way of knowing what is going on with Red Stroke 2 or even if that layer is the problem. Solo the layer you are having problems with, select that layer, and press 'uu' so we can see exactly what is happening with that layer and we can probably help you figure out what is going on.  Unfortunately, your screenshots don't tell us anything useful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0