Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing paths after rigging with DUIK

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've rigged a character whose body parts were created in AE with shape paths. Now I need to animate the path to add a head turn slider, but editing the path creates a glitch like this one:

dgregowich_0-1588091119766.png

Is there any way around this? Do I have to do the head turn animation and slider before I do the over all body rig? Is there a way to just disable or delete just one part of the rig (i.e. the head rig) without deleting the whole rig?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always put the head into a precomp before creating the rig. Afterwards I build a second head-rig within this precomp with all necassary edits. You can outsource the controller later into your maincomp.

If puppet tool is involved, put the puttet pins on the precomp.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the head in a precomp before rigging as it has the shape layer and animated texture, but this is interesting, I will try to put the puppet pins in the precomp too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not what I wrote. Put the pins ON the pre-comp, not into it.

I think, you did everything right, already.

You have to enlarge the mesh, if you change the underlying artwork this way.

Best workflow, however, would be not to use the pins at all, or at least not for the head - because of issues like this.

Your charakter is one color, you can easily make it into several layers. It's much easier this way, but need a bit more attention to the graphic work (rounded joints, for example).

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I get it. I had to get around this one with some cheats but for the next scene scene the head and the hood will be seperate anyways, so will do a better rig then 🙂 thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines