Highlighted

Effects not showing on 3d Text Layer with Cinema 4D rendering- AE CC 2019

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My effects aren't showing up on my 3D text layer while my renderer is set to Cinema 4D. They show up when I switch the renderer to Classic 3D, but I'm not sure if I can get the geometry/colors I want while rendering in Classic 3D. Is it possible to use effects on this layer while rendering in C4D? Is there a setting I'm missing? I'm fairly new to 3D layers and somewhat less experienced with text layers, but I'm very familiar with these effects.

I saw someone else having this problem and it was because they had Fast Previews turned on. I checked and mine is set to Final Quality and I have tried setting the slider to opposite ends of the Speed vs. Quality scale with no results. 

Any advice?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Effects not showing on 3d Text Layer with Cinema 4D rendering- AE CC 2019

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My effects aren't showing up on my 3D text layer while my renderer is set to Cinema 4D. They show up when I switch the renderer to Classic 3D, but I'm not sure if I can get the geometry/colors I want while rendering in Classic 3D. Is it possible to use effects on this layer while rendering in C4D? Is there a setting I'm missing? I'm fairly new to 3D layers and somewhat less experienced with text layers, but I'm very familiar with these effects.

I saw someone else having this problem and it was because they had Fast Previews turned on. I checked and mine is set to Final Quality and I have tried setting the slider to opposite ends of the Speed vs. Quality scale with no results. 

Any advice?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Preview, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as you change your composition renderer to Cinema 4D, you will see a list of removed features. Classic 3D cannot access to the real 3D geometry provided in the Cinema 4D renderer so you can't get the same results once you have modified any of the Gemotry parameters. You can use effects on any layer in any of the renderers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0