• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects Stop working at exactly 22 seconds

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 7.46.49 pm.pngI really hope someone can help me with this. I'm putting together ananimation and I'm applying a hand-drawn effect to the linework. I'm doing this on an adjustment layer above all the layers I want to change. At exactly 22 seconds (I've tried it on a few Comps), the effect stops working and just freezes, Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

It was how the effect was working. I had put a time expression to a turbulent displace effect on the adjustment layer to create a hand drawn effect effect, I found if I moved that expression to the random seed rather than the evolution it fixed the issue.

[http://www.samtgarner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/samtgarner-wp-logo.png]

Sam Garner

Personal info removed by Mod.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi samtgarner,

Thanks for reaching out. We've got your back.

It sounds like an issue with a media or an effect applied to a layer. To find out that layer, try turning the layers off one by and see if still freezes when you go to 22 seconds. If that doesn't work, try importing this project into a new one and see if that brings any change.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was how the effect was working. I had put a time expression to a turbulent displace effect on the adjustment layer to create a hand drawn effect effect, I found if I moved that expression to the random seed rather than the evolution it fixed the issue.

[http://www.samtgarner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/samtgarner-wp-logo.png]

Sam Garner

Personal info removed by Mod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I had the same problem with that effect and this fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez.  Can't believe I found this, but it fixed my issue as well.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've logged in just to say thank you for this! I was stressing and pulling hair outs because it wouldn't work and my assignment deadline is drawing near. You saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't entirely fix the issue, the rough edges don't look the same as the ones before 22 second

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you take the expression off the original evolution. You only need 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite understand what is meant by "moving that expression to the random seed rather than the evolution."

Under Evolution Options I have:

• Cycle Evolution in the OFF position

• Cycle (in Revolutions) is greyed out set at 59—so that can't ne adjusted.

• Random Seed is set at 0

But no matter what setting Random Seed is set to, all movement still ceases at 22 seconds. WTF!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn! I would pay u a beer bro! You changed my life forever with that tip! Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the best video for this issue: https://youtu.be/AEMuhZINkaY?si=s8pWOn6wf9XTWoh1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines