Highlighted

“Empty Disk Cache” greyed out

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm using After Effects CC 2017 for Mac. When I try to play my project I'm receiving the error "Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback." However when I go to empty my disk cache, the option is greyed out and I'm unable to select it. It's the same when I try to purge "All Memory & Disk Cache", I'm simply unable to select it. Is there any solution to this? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

“Empty Disk Cache” greyed out

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm using After Effects CC 2017 for Mac. When I try to play my project I'm receiving the error "Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback." However when I go to empty my disk cache, the option is greyed out and I'm unable to select it. It's the same when I try to purge "All Memory & Disk Cache", I'm simply unable to select it. Is there any solution to this? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual exact system info we can't really tell you much. Start by actually checking how much space there even is on your volumes. They could simply be full to the brim and prevent AE's disk cache from working at all.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
sorchaa_ LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.16 if that's of any help. I checked my disk utility and I have 9.68 GB available and 309.16 GB used. Is this just a case of needing to remove some unnecessary files to create more storage on the actual device?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0