Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entering into a mirror effect

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I want to shoot a scene. In which an actor enters to a mirror through it's surface, merge with his reflection and then disappears.

How can I do that?
Thanks

mirror.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You may be able to create the image, using the third-party plug-in. It is a plug-in called Boris Fast Flipper developed by Boris FX.

https://borisfx.com/documentation/continuum/bcc-fast-flipper/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your advice,
But this will only work if I shoot the scene from full side view and I couldn't see the reflection from that angle 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will require careful planning and executing the shot of the actor moving up to the mirror, the mirror (a clean plate) and the actor appearing to walk through the mirror in an environment where you can easily remove the background. You'll also need to plan on filming the elements that may be reflected in the mirror so you can build the composite. The distance from the camera, the angle and the exposure and lighting are critical to successfully pulling this off. You cannot just shoot one shot of an actor walking up to a mirror and apply some effects. To reproduce your sample I would need to have at least 3 different shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thank you for your respond,
I plan to do this right now:

1- I will shoot the mirror and the enviroment as still video (with 45 degree angle between camera and mirror)
2- Remove the mirror and draw a line where the mirror was

3- Put a green screen behind the actor and let him walk through the line
4- 1 more walking shot with the camera at other side of the mirror line (with green screen also)
      (Also we will use 2 camera at the same time if we can)
5- Then merge two shots with masking them at the mirror surface

I think this will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey, did this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines