• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 86::1 - MP4 files that work working this morning, now not working - EMERCENGY!

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After AE crashed and I reopened it, some of the MP4 files in the project are not working. the error 86::1 says that 7 files are "damaged or unsupported" and it cannot be imported.

These files were working fine this morning, and I have not touched them. There are several dozen other mp4 files in the project that have no error. Please advise! I have to deliver this project TOMORROW!

Apologies for my frantic use of CAPS lock, but I am feeling very desperate.

Will

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you play the problem files in another application?  Try Premiere Pro, or just a media player like VLC.  If not, they may be permananetly damaged.  Do you have a backup?

Do they import to Adobe Media Encoder?  Try exporting them in an intermediate format.

Try duplicating the files, move them to a different drive, and replace them in your project.  Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do import to media encoder, and they play in every other program (VLC, premier, etc...). I shut the computer down and returned a few hours later, and the error had stopped. It is a big project, so perhaps it needed to rest.... But this is the second time that I've run into the issue. Is there any way to adjust my workflow so I can prevent it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, try to import the corrupted footage in a new AE project to be sure if the issue comes from your footage or from the old project, and in all cases try to purge the RAM and disk cache 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did purge the disk cashe, but how do you purge the RAM? Is that in AE or on my PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines