Highlighted

Error Cached preview needs 2 or more frames to play back

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried everything to get rid of the Error code: cached preview needs 2 or more frames to play back and nothing works. I have cleared out all of the cache on my mac, uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects and the Creative Cloud twice, and watched every youtube video on it. Holding down Command+Option+Shift while its starting up doesn't show me anything about it reseting my preferences. I have the 2020 version of After Effects and am working on macOS 10.15.7 with 8GB and plenty of storage. Does anyone have any ideas of how to help me?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error Cached preview needs 2 or more frames to play back

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried everything to get rid of the Error code: cached preview needs 2 or more frames to play back and nothing works. I have cleared out all of the cache on my mac, uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects and the Creative Cloud twice, and watched every youtube video on it. Holding down Command+Option+Shift while its starting up doesn't show me anything about it reseting my preferences. I have the 2020 version of After Effects and am working on macOS 10.15.7 with 8GB and plenty of storage. Does anyone have any ideas of how to help me?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hardware accelerated previews in AE.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! How do you turn off accelerated previews?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to figure out how to do this but am not experiencing anything different unfortunately 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivia,

Sorry for your issue.

Please try the suggestions mentioned in the following article: https://www.schoolofmotion.com/blog/cached-preview#

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishu,

I appreciate the response but I have tried everything in that article and am still experiencing the same issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0