• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR: Could not read from source. Please check the settings and try again.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I get this error message everytime I try to import video footage or save the file. However, I can import images and other kind of footage.

Do you know what's going on?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arkliaiyralabaiprotingi,

Sorry for the issue. It may be an unsupported format. Which camera is the footage from? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same question is Gif supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting the same error. in 2020 from a video downloaded from youtube in its high cuality, it downloaded im mp4, didnt work, converted to another mp4 with movavi converter and in mov, and non of those worked really strange. Frist time this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.. did you figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arkliaiyralabaiprotingi,

This is a known issue with After Effects 17.0.5. Please refer to the post linked below for the most up-to-date information:

Unable to import H.264/H.265 files after updating to After Effects 17.0.5 

The team is currently investigating to find the root cause of this issue. If possible, please follow the instructions in the above post and submit your system specs to help us find what is causing this problem.

Thanks very much,

- John, After Effects Quality Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please update After Effects to version 17.0.6 and re-attempt the import of footage files which were failing in 17.0.5. If this fixes the issue, please let us know.

Thanks very much,

- John, After Effects Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I have upgraded to version 17.0.6.  I still get the error message.  Please advice.  thanks.  Lia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines