Highlighted

Error exporting project made up of videos taken from iPhone?

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put together a project composed of videos I had taken on my iPhone, all of them MOVs. When I go to export the project, it always fails.

Exporting in the render queue in AE fails as does exporting as an MP4 with Media Encoder.

Here are my render settings for rendering it out as an MOV.

render settings mov.png

As you can see there's an error message at the bottom. This is what comes up when clicked.

render settings error.png

Anyone know what the issue is?

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error exporting project made up of videos taken from iPhone?

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put together a project composed of videos I had taken on my iPhone, all of them MOVs. When I go to export the project, it always fails.

Exporting in the render queue in AE fails as does exporting as an MP4 with Media Encoder.

Here are my render settings for rendering it out as an MOV.

render settings mov.png

As you can see there's an error message at the bottom. This is what comes up when clicked.

render settings error.png

Anyone know what the issue is?

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original footage probably has a variable frame rate. Try forcing a frame rate by interpreting the footage to 29.97 (NTSC Video Standard) and changing the comp to the same frame rate. If you force the footage to this frame rate the speed of the audio will not change enough to notice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were correct that the footage I was using had a variable frame rate! I went in and changed the frame rate of all of my footage as well as the frame rate of my compositions to 29.97 as you suggested and that got rid of the error message, but upon adding it back into the render queue and trying again, only my first piece of footage (2 minutes out of a total 12) is rendered before it fails again. I tried to access the error log to see exactly what went wrong and my logs folder seems to be empty so that's no help...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else is going on in the comp? What are your system specs? What version of AE are you using? No details = guesses, details = possible solutions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 0
shepardl LATEST
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my footage compiled in a pre-comp and the main comp includes the pre-comp, a solid on color burn, and a repeating JPG sequence on soft light. I haven't used any effects.

I just updated AE before I started working on this project, so Version 16.1.3 (Build 5).

Here are my system specs.

system specs.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0