• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error with drivers Regarding new Adobe After Effects 2020 NEED HELP!! Compatibility Issue?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just bought a new computer and an rtx 2070 graphics card to run adobe after effects. Everything was working fine with the adobe after effects 2019 for months. I just updated to adobe after effects 2020 and I got a compatibility error?? I dont understand any of this. I was brought to a download page with an Intel installer or something. I go to open the driver install file and it says "Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install" What does this mean!!!!!! 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you should disable the Intel GPU that is attached to your motherboard. Check with you system's manual or Website to see how you should go about with this. Alternatively, contact customer/tech support to listen to what they have to say on this.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be editing in adobe after effects with no problems after I say "continue with issues." Maybe there is no problem directly with this error messsage. I will continue to edit in the new after effects for a while to see if I encounter any problems. Maybe this is some sort of error with the new 2020 after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this with my Dell Inspiron laptop with Intel 520 integrated graphics as well as a Radeon R5 335M discrete card, and I end up not being able to render anything.  I've got media encoder, AE, and all of its related programs set to use the Radeon via the Radeon settings, and it still says that the Intel driver is unsupported.  I even updated the driver to the one recommended on Adobe's website, and that didn't change anything.  Weird...  I think I've got the same issues as OP.  I hope there ends up being an update to help avoid issues with this in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page's directions discuss what to do with messages like these.  Honestly, Intel, Microsoft and the various PC manufacturers have made it VERY difficult to keep your Intel drivers up to date.  PC manufacturers have ultimate control over which version of a driver is installed when you buy a PC.  The sad part is, most do not bother keeping their drivers up to date after a year, if that.

Ultimately, in order to control the version of the driver you have installed on your machine you have to do three things:
1. Turn off automatic driver updating in Windows (but this means you might miss important things like security fixes)
2. Uninstall and delete the Intel drivers that came with your PC
3. Install a generic driver from Intel

You can find out more about how to manually replace your driver from Intel, here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Also, please let us know how you feel we can clarify this in our instructional page referenced by the System Compatibility Report.  We really do value all feedback, as having updated drivers is really important to the stability of our applications.

Thank you,
Brian Williams
Architect - Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brian

I'm having the same issue as OP. The trouble in most cases is that as old as some of these onboard display adapters are, (in this case mine is a Intel HD Graphics 4600 with the latest manual drivers installed from the Intel site (20.19.15.5063 - 29/10/2018), we're still given the same error. The destination AE gives us to 'Fix' the driver is for much newer versions of the hardware which will never be compatible regardless of a manual install.

We're not actually using these these display adapters to run AE. In my case, it's used to drive a secondary notebook monitor, so disabling the on-board device it is out of the question. My primary GPU to run AE is a nVidia GeForce 1080.

I guess one solution I can suggest as an option in AE settings is to hide/ignore this warning so we don't have to keep clicking 'Continue with known issues' every time AE opens when we know that particular adapter in question isn't used by AE.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you have the older HD 4600, I would recommend doing what Eric mentioned, disabling the onboard graphics.  The h264 QuickSync support in these older drivers is very unstable and Intel no longer supports those older CPUs with updated drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. But I don't think you're quite understanding. Yes, I'm aware that the HD 4600 is too old, hence will not work with AE and H264. But it cannot be disabled as I am using the GPU for other applications and uses on my system other than AE. Certain low-power apps use it with my setup. AE itself is using a GTX1080. I'm not trying to get it to use the Intel. I'm just trying to find a way to stop the 'warning' appear every time AE executes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PC I disabled my onboard intel graphics in the bios and the error went away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eric, much appreciated. Really glad you got it going. Unfortunately in my case, I am using my onboard Intel for some other uses. It's not so much an error - more a warning. I'm just trying to find a way for AE to 'remember' the option for me to ignore this warning. It's not a huge issue. It must be just me using a non-standard setup. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I have that problem on my Lenovo laptop with intel and NVIDIA graphics.  I tried disabling intel graphics under Device Manager but AE still gave the warning even though it detected NVIDIA. I didn't notice a performance hit but the warning is a bit of a pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS, if i only scrolled down a bit more, anyway through trial and error I got to the same solution... main issue for me was win 10 keeping on reinstalling the intel drivers and Adobe didn't suggest to disable it through the BIOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines