Highlighted

Essential Graphic performance in Premiere way slower than AE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have build a collection of graphics in AE and exported them as Essential Graphics - some are simple, some are very advanced.

In general I find that the After Effect project is rendering the graphics way faster compared to using them in Premiere as Essential Graphics. This goes for playback as well as export. The advanced graphics are so slow that they are not usable. (I have set Premiere to playback 1/4.)

Is this just a fact of life? Is Premiere not making use of my computer power the same way AE does? Is there any setting that would make Premiere run the graphics as smooth as AE? (They are not running smooth in AE either, but they are probably 5 times faster there).

Best

kristian

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Essential Graphic performance in Premiere way slower than AE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have build a collection of graphics in AE and exported them as Essential Graphics - some are simple, some are very advanced.

In general I find that the After Effect project is rendering the graphics way faster compared to using them in Premiere as Essential Graphics. This goes for playback as well as export. The advanced graphics are so slow that they are not usable. (I have set Premiere to playback 1/4.)

Is this just a fact of life? Is Premiere not making use of my computer power the same way AE does? Is there any setting that would make Premiere run the graphics as smooth as AE? (They are not running smooth in AE either, but they are probably 5 times faster there).

Best

kristian

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mainly running the MOGRT in AE run faster than PP but not in 5x, any way you must understand that there are differences between AE and PP in playback, where AE can cache the preview before playback in PP this only possible if you render in/out the part you want

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, OussK.

Even rendering the timeline in Premiere is way slower than caching in AE. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, you should post this in the Premiere Pro forum and file a Bug Report.

You should also differentiate between Interactive Performance (changing values in the EGP and scrubbing the Timeline Indicator), Preview Rendering Performance, Final Rendering Performance and using the Render & Replace feature – FOUR types of rendering performances to look into and report on.

If you file areport, others may add to your report and hopefully someone will take notice. Thus far, my voicing out on very poor Interactive Performance has been met with "your code sucks", which I paraphrase. I had also mentioned that Render Performance is very good; very close and of course acceptabl to rendering the same MoGRT's AEP in AE.

It's really hard communicaiting with people who think they are managing or overseeing iMovie who first tell you to use fewer features and worse yet, tell you it is an issue with your code when it is plain clear the codes work fine in AE AND PPRO for RENDERS!!!! They must think Adobe's Video Products are much like Microsoft's iMovie. 😉

Please file a BUG REPORT. We need the engineers to know of the issue and to look for a very good solution, for a professional product for a very important feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Roland.

Yeah, I guess you are right about this being the wrong forum. I will try to file a report, as you suggest.

I just wondered if anybody had similar experience - and maybe knew if Premiere is not capable of using the cores in the processor or whatever ... but yeah. Performance was never Adobes strongside.

/Kristian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines