Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics - Color Problem - Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I created an Essential Graphic in Adobe After Effects and imported it in Premiere Pro.
Everything works well except for 1 thing, the color.

In After Effects i use an color red in the visual (this part can't be changed, only the text of my graphics can be changed). Everywhere the color appears. In the visual render from After Effects and also in the visual render in the Essential Graphics window from Premiere Pro. But when i import it into my sequence, the color dissapears and turns black. For the rest, everything works fine.

It stays black, even after rendering the video.

The problem appeared in the latest 2019 version, and in the 14.0 (2020) version.

Does anybody knows how to fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Try to remove the color parameter on the Essential Graphics panel. Add a Fill effect to your Shape Layer. Add the Color parameter of your Fill effect to your Essential Graphics panel (so this is the color parameter you will publish to Premiere, not the native one of the shaep layer). Tell us if it works,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a screen capture of your original composition in AE Essential Graphics panel?? We need more info for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The coding example for ' Color Control 'The coding example for ' Color Control 'The example in After Effects (blue background is the main)The example in After Effects (blue background is the main)The example in Premiere ProThe example in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is that element in the background (solid, shape layer, etc..)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shape

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to remove the color parameter on the Essential Graphics panel. Add a Fill effect to your Shape Layer. Add the Color parameter of your Fill effect to your Essential Graphics panel (so this is the color parameter you will publish to Premiere, not the native one of the shaep layer). Tell us if it works,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Not the way i was hoping that it should worked, but for now i have a solution. Thnx for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

have nearly the same problem. My Essential Graphic has a Shape Layer with #10151a. In After Effects it is shown as that. After the import in Premiere 2020, the color is different but shown as #10151a. I filled the shape layer with an extra fill mask as suggested. Still have the issue.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-25 um 10.43.47.png

Here you can see the problem. Top color is a nativ solid by PremierePro2020, the lower color is the Essential Graphic. Both have the color #10151a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using color management in After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I connected some glow colors via expression to one particular Fill Effect color. This color is set to Essential Graphics. Dandy. On a very similar comp (which i duplicated beforehand), differing only in some minor, unrelated details, I do the same: Hook every glow across several layers to one particular Fill Effect color. Right click to set it as Essential Graphics, and:

"After Effects warning: Property is unrelated to "FIRST COMP" and will not affect rendering".

Same happens when I re-do the steps in yet another duplicate comp. As far as I can remember, I never had this issue in the past / with past versions.

Just upgraded to 2020, et voila... typical Adobe bug-merry-go-round

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And speaking of bugs, I can't even edit my original post. The three "more" dots remain silent.

Wanted to add the usual: Win10, all drivers up to date, 32 gigs ram, etc.

The faulty essential graphics entry appears red, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I'm talking about AE. Not Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I closed Ae, opened the project, et voila: "Internal verification error, sorry! string at index has wrong match name".

I knew what's gonna happen when i "upgrade"... I was meant to be working, but naaah, hours of bug hunting, as friggin usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines