Highlighted

export adobe premiere pro project to after effects

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have a premier pro project with videos as video 2 and a photo as video 1.
I have keyed out a green screen from the videos and used some other effects.

Is it possible to export everything to after effects with the premier pro effects and the possibility to edit the files seperately?

Best regards,

Sol

Topics

Dynamic link, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

export adobe premiere pro project to after effects

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have a premier pro project with videos as video 2 and a photo as video 1.
I have keyed out a green screen from the videos and used some other effects.

Is it possible to export everything to after effects with the premier pro effects and the possibility to edit the files seperately?

Best regards,

Sol

Topics

Dynamic link, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select one or more clips in a Premiere Pro sequence, right-click and replace those clips with an After Effects composition. Standard Transitions will not show up in After Effects and a lot of the Premiere Pro effects will also not come over because those effects are not created with the same systems that AE uses. 

You can also save a Premiere Pro project file, then import that Project file into After Effects and choose the sequence you wish to open as a composition. If your sequence is fairly short this might be a good idea. The same limitations apply. 

The more efficient workflow would be to select the clips in your timeline that need to be processed in After Effects because you cannot get the job done in Premiere Pro and replace those shots with an AE comp, then either render them or keep the simpler comps embedded in Premiere Pro using Dynamic Link. 

Lookup Dynamic Link in the Premiere Pro and After Effects User guide and get some good training on the workflow. Don't rely on YouTube tutorials by enthusiasts because most of them leave out critical information and some of them give some pretty terrible advice. Make sure you vet your trainers. 

Use Dynamic Link with After Effects is a good place to start. The tutorial is directly from the AE User Guide and can be found by typing Dynamic Link in the Search Help field in the top right corner of After Effects. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Solska LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your quick and informative reply.

When I select the clips and press replace with after effects then I get the files seperately in after effects, but without the effects from premiere pro.

When I import a premiere pro sequence to after then I get the effects, but its all in one file. Then I cant edit the video. 

Is it possible to get the files seperately with the effects? What I am really looking for is to export it to after effects and make it look exactly like in premiere pro. 

Best regards,

Sol

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0