Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export graphic asset from AE to AI

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have an AE (v17.1.1) file with loads of motion graphic assets, I want to export some of these to Illustrator. I've tried the AICB clipboard but that doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, no. Aside from Bezier-based mask paths there is no such simple copy&paste functionality. If at all, you will have to use Bodymovin' to export an SVG or similar scripts that can automate at least some of that stuff, but most of them cost money.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, not sure aware of Bodymovin'. Is it free?

All I want to do is simply save a money graphic in an AE file to a vector file that I can open in Illustrator, I can't believe that this is not possible in CS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not possible. It's a fundamental misunderstanding people have. AE shape layers != (not equal) AI functionality. It's severely limited and typically optimized to work the other way around - from AI to AE. Bodymovin/ Lottie is "name your price" ware, so give it a spin for free if you want.

https://aescripts.com/bodymovin/

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines