• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Taking Forever

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, i've been working on premiere for quite a while now, i usually edit clips and export short clips of DJ Recaps, Festival Recaps, and stuff like that, 2 days ago i had the idea of doing a small podcast of my mixes, i recorded it all and had the idea of having some Audio Visualiser with a picture of me and a background ambient video.

Here is the thing, for the Audio Visualiser i used After Effect to be able to sync the music with the audio visualiser, i added that to premiere with my logo my picture and some text and i rendered it, the video is 1 Hour and 34 Minutes and is 7GB Big, i am using Hardware encoding and it is using the GPU accelerator of nvidia CUDA, it showed me 19 Hours (but after 11 hours it's still at 12Hours remaining), at first i didn't wanna believe it, but i wonder if it's all normal? My Computer Specs are : I7-9750 / GTX 1660 TI / 8 RAM / SSD
I don't think it should take that long for with the specs i have but i might be wrong.. Any idea what else i can do for these to not take so long? Because i am planning of doing that once a month, and waiting a full day on an export is way too much time consuming honestly. 

Thanks for the help 🙂 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Yes, this is absolutly normal, especially with only 8GB of RAM.

Audio visualizier takes very long to render, 1,5h of video is very, very, very long in AE terms (ususal we are dealing with shots of a few seconds) and 7GB for a final video isn't unusual depending on the codec.

If you plan to do this on a regualary basis, you should get way more RAM - plan for 32GB, 64GB would be better, get a render manager like RenderGarden - and prepare for overnight rendering.

Or use an entiry differnent softwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is absolutly normal, especially with only 8GB of RAM.

Audio visualizier takes very long to render, 1,5h of video is very, very, very long in AE terms (ususal we are dealing with shots of a few seconds) and 7GB for a final video isn't unusual depending on the codec.

If you plan to do this on a regualary basis, you should get way more RAM - plan for 32GB, 64GB would be better, get a render manager like RenderGarden - and prepare for overnight rendering.

Or use an entiry differnent software. There are great tools for audio visualisation with real-time rendering. Those are designed specific for this task and are superior to AE, which is a general post-production tool.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Martin, alright if its normal then I'm not worried anymore haha, I'll look into upgrading my ram and will check out other softwares 😄

Thanks for the help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to get used to how AE works. Martin's advise on getting more RAM certainly will improve matters, but AE still isn't going to breeeze through this at lightning speed. Not only is the effect in question merely software-based, but the issue is exacerbated by AE not being particularly good with audio processsing, adding another bottleneck. It will always just chug along and your clip wil ltake several hours. Compositing tools are not meant for long videos, anyway, so you're working completely against the system in a manner of speaking.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mylenium, Yeah tbh I'm not a pro about AE, but with a little bit of research and finding out that it's possible to do it on AE I didn't really look into other things, I didn't expect the render to take that long though, but after Martin's answer and yours I completely understand it now 🙂 Thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, newby here. same problem. I have a 2 1/2 hour ball game I recorded and it is taking 11 hours to export and TBH I think it may take closer to 20 hours. My first time using adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects is not a video editing app, it is a motion graphics and compositing app never designed to work on long programs. It is only intended to be used to create video effects you cannot create in an NLE.    You should be using Premiere Pro unless the comp is one shot that is 2 and 1/2 hours long that has an effect applied that you cannot do in any other app. You are using the wrong tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines