Highlighted

export taking so long

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help it but to think how come after effects is so behind compared to other software, with unreal engine rendering trillions of polys in real time, this obsolete software is not rendering 4 .mp4 videos with an acceptable speed.

Is there a workflow that i can use that might help me render footage at a better pace.

Thank you

TOPICS
Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

export taking so long

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help it but to think how come after effects is so behind compared to other software, with unreal engine rendering trillions of polys in real time, this obsolete software is not rendering 4 .mp4 videos with an acceptable speed.

Is there a workflow that i can use that might help me render footage at a better pace.

Thank you

TOPICS
Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 28, 2020 0
Guide ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need way more system and workflow information to give you any advice.

You are right, Adobe didn't care much about keeping AE up-to-date and the current render pipeline need a urgent refresh. They simply oversleept the GPU-boom.

But the comparision to Unreal or any other Game Engine isn't fair. Game Engines are so fast because they have a limited set of options, effects and possibilities. They don't have to deal with video data (those a huge!) or codecs (those a complex!). Just try to work with a crystal sharp vector file or 16k textures in a Game Engine and you see the limits of those.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to save time rendering try Render Garden. If you are paid for your work it will pay for itself in a day. There are other BG rendering solutions, I have several, but RG is the most efficient for my workflow. I get Production Masters and MP4's for client approval at the same time and I never have to stop working in AE. Any slowdown is barely noticeable. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0