Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export WebM with Transparency (Alpha)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with rendering a project.

I want to export my comp to a .webm (for streamlab) to keep the transparency (alpha). I see my transparency in AE and I check the box "include alpha channel" in Media Encoder but the result is with a black background and no transparency.

When i render in .mov i see the transparency and even by trying to convert the .mov file into a .webm file it doesn't work and the transparency dissapear.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Here is some capture of my files (AE view, Media Encoder settings, .mov, .webm)

AE.PNG

mediaencoder.PNG

rendumov.png

renduwebm.png

    

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I think I'm going crazy. If you have solved the problem can you share it with the world please?

Thank you anyway, I don't feel so lonely anymore xD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes i have solved this (well kind of).

I export my video in Quicktime with the alpha channel checked. (Like that i have a quicktime video with transparency.)

Then i open this quicktime video in a new comp in after effect and i export it in webm with alpha channel checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is that it seems to not appear transparent in the viewport with VLC for exemple but when you put it in streamlab, the transparency do work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you so much. You have saved my day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using media encoder or straight from AE? I don't have the ability to export from AE to WebM, and in ME I do, but I have no check box for alpha channel, just alpha channel only, Then I end up with the content I want missing, and a black background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost all media players display transparency as black. Transparency is not usable unless the app you are using to playback the video supports it. It takes another 8-bit channel and most media players are RGB only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines