Highlighted

Export with transparency avoiding huge files

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please check this - https://www.wevideo.com/view/1915049875

I would like to produce the left info panel in After Effects and render in a way that it have transparency so when my client uses it, it does not have the black background below the animation.

img.png

I know that I can do this in After Effects by exporting with Alpha Channel. The problem is that it produces a huge MOV file for such a simple element (I think). His this the corret way to achieve this? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export with transparency avoiding huge files

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please check this - https://www.wevideo.com/view/1915049875

I would like to produce the left info panel in After Effects and render in a way that it have transparency so when my client uses it, it does not have the black background below the animation.

img.png

I know that I can do this in After Effects by exporting with Alpha Channel. The problem is that it produces a huge MOV file for such a simple element (I think). His this the corret way to achieve this? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formats that support alpha channels create large files because they are frame-based and visually lossless. The GoPro Cineform Codec is a high-quality 10-bit format available in the Render Cue and the Adobe Media Encoder. This will give you better quality and smaller file sizes by a bit than Animation Codec QT files. You should set the color mode for your renders to Straight Alpha instead of Premiultiplied. My presets include Pro-rez and Cineform options for rendering with Alpha Channels.  Using a production format is the industry standard. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0