Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting shape path in quadratic form and cubic form

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

im exporting the shape path of a mask and from what i understands it is beeing exported in cubic form meaning it gives me the vertecis and inTangent and outTangent control points.

can i get the path in quadratic form?(with one control point)
TNX

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All paths are Bèziers in AE. It doesn't support alternate curve types. I don't see the problem, though. A straight line is just a spline with zeroed tangents. Easy enough to handle programatically in a script or expression.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the quick reply! but this doesn't answer my question.
my question is whether we can get the curve in Quadratic Bezier instead of Cubic Bezier.

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE doesn't support alternate curve types. Whatever conversion you want/ need will have to be done in your own code.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The two types of paths you can use in After Effects are standard bezier and Rotobezier (one control point). Copy a Rotobezier path and paste it in Illustrator and you get a standard 3 point bezier curve. Use Illustrator's Curvature tool and it looks like you are getting 1 point curves but you are still getting the 3 point curves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines