Highlighted

exporting video at a much lower frame rate...

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Ive taken a movie on my iphone and am trying to turn it into an old fashio style movie by lowering the framerate.  I adjusted the framerate of the footage in after effects but every time i export it does something weird - slows down the footage or doesnt drop the frames. I must be doing something wrong :(. 

Does anybody know the best way  i can achieve this? I think my source movie is at 30fps - i essentially want to lower it to 14fps and then rexport it back out at 30fps again (if you know what I mean)

thanks for any help you can give!

Nick

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

If you change the frame rate of the footage you change the speed of the playback. Simple as that.

Change the frame rate of the composition to change the frame rate of the movie. If you want your movie to playback at 14 fps then set the comp frame rate to 14 fps. 15 would be a better choice because it would match the refresh rates of more displays. 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

exporting video at a much lower frame rate...

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Ive taken a movie on my iphone and am trying to turn it into an old fashio style movie by lowering the framerate.  I adjusted the framerate of the footage in after effects but every time i export it does something weird - slows down the footage or doesnt drop the frames. I must be doing something wrong :(. 

Does anybody know the best way  i can achieve this? I think my source movie is at 30fps - i essentially want to lower it to 14fps and then rexport it back out at 30fps again (if you know what I mean)

thanks for any help you can give!

Nick

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

If you change the frame rate of the footage you change the speed of the playback. Simple as that.

Change the frame rate of the composition to change the frame rate of the movie. If you want your movie to playback at 14 fps then set the comp frame rate to 14 fps. 15 would be a better choice because it would match the refresh rates of more displays. 

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0