Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video for Instagram

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I render a video out and then attempt to upload to instagram through drop box, the audio quality seems as if it worsens and doesn't sound very good after I upload to instagram. I'm using H.264 and AAC as my export options, I have tried using wav and or mp3 files for the audio in the project but I still get the same results and I have also tried various audio settings such as acc, mp4, uncompressed, etc. and still get poor audio quality. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Hi, I realized my issue was that i was not putting the video through adobe media encoder before uploading to instagram. problem solved now. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what are the delivery specs for Instagram?  What do they want?  Have you checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.264 codec / MP4/ACC which I have tried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't checked to see if AME has a preset for Instagram.  I urge you to do so.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to know what you mean by the term, "poor audio quality".  Details please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good idea. i will check. and by poor, I mean the audio sounds muffled and compressed after uploading to instagram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't. Ya gotta develop your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you can make exactly real mockups of instagram posts and then use illustrator to make changes in the design of instagram posts. Nowadays fake instagram posts and accounts of celebrities are very common. One of my friend made a fake instagram post of me and pranked me. I was really confused then he told me that he used a fake instagram post generator to do this. Hope you like this: Fake instagram post generator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create and upload videos to instagram a couple of times a week using music and or natural sound. When I export I use Adobe Media Encoder. In the H264 presets there's a preset for Facebook 720p HD. I've never had any issues with the audio doing it this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip. i will give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook and Instagram video specs are essentially the same with a few minor differences I think. But I must confess I've not really dug deep in to it. Here's the specs. Video Views: Instagram Video | Facebook Ads Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

i followed the Instagram videos/Facebook ads guide and am still not having any luck. my videos are still sounding very low quality. maybe i can give you my Instagram and have you listen to a video to hear for yourself, maybe that would help figure out the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Send me you IG account URL or post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok great. instagram.com/smokinjoebeats - go to the video "money callin" thats the last one i did in after effects. I just feel as if the clarity and quality is not up to par-song seems muffled. if you listen to my more recent video - "lifted"  which were not done in after affects and i uploaded with an instagram app - the clarity is much better and the sound doesnt seem to be muffled. let me know what you think.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone who's never heard your music, and have nothing to compare it to (like an uncompressed music track of the song) I think it sounded ok. But like I said I have no comparison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there jmurph,

Did you ever get a good quality export to Instagram? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I realized my issue was that i was not putting the video through adobe media encoder before uploading to instagram. problem solved now. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try exporting your video with specific settings optimized for the platform. Use a high-quality codec like AAC for audio and H.264 for video. Additionally, ensure your audio bitrate is at least 128kbps and resolution fits Instagram's requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines