Highlighted

expression error: property "Classname"

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am stuck on a project because I use an expression for a text animation. Everything if fine until a put a variable in a "if" statment. At this point, after effect show me an error where i first declared my variable and say :"Error: typeError: Cannot read property "Classname" of undefined.

(on the picture I have the "if" statment in comment but i have the same problem when i have it normal)

Capture d’écran 2020-09-07 à 18.43.18.png

First time this ever happened, please help!

P.S. I am running on after effect cc20

Topics

Error or problem, Expressions, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

expression error: property "Classname"

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am stuck on a project because I use an expression for a text animation. Everything if fine until a put a variable in a "if" statment. At this point, after effect show me an error where i first declared my variable and say :"Error: typeError: Cannot read property "Classname" of undefined.

(on the picture I have the "if" statment in comment but i have the same problem when i have it normal)

Capture d’écran 2020-09-07 à 18.43.18.png

First time this ever happened, please help!

P.S. I am running on after effect cc20

Topics

Error or problem, Expressions, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conditional statements use curly braces, not square brackets. You might want to brush up on your JavaScript syntax.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A cropped screenshot and a partial expression is not very helpful.

However, I see missing semicolons everywhere.

Also, the line where the error appears is not always the line which is problematic.

Please provide the full code.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines