• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expression to offset end keyframe only

Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert an After Effects text animation template I created into a .mogrt for use in Premiere Pro.  The effect contains two animators on a text layer:

• Animator 1, in which the end value of the range selector keyframes opacity from 0 to 100 over time
  • Animator 2, in which the end value of the range selector keyframes blur from 0 to 100 over time

I have created a control layer with a slider to control the duration of the opacity effect (to accommodate differing lengths of text).  My question is, how do I ensure that the end frame of the blur animator is always 4 frames after the end frame of the opacity animator?

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

So for anyone looking for something similar, I used the following expressions which seems to do the trick:

For the opacity animator range selector:

t=time-inPoint;
d=thisComp.layer("Controls").effect("Text on speed")("Slider")
linear(t,0,d,0,100);

And for the blur animator range selector:

t=time-inPoint;
linear(t,0,d+.16,0,100);

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory simply using valueAtTime(), but as so often this very likely won't evaluate correctly in MOGRTs due to the differences in how AE and Prem treat time, so probably not much point in trying. Feel free to wear yourself out getting this to work if you still feel liek you need this in your life.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for anyone looking for something similar, I used the following expressions which seems to do the trick:

For the opacity animator range selector:

t=time-inPoint;
linear(t,0,d,0,100);

And for the blur animator range selector:

t=time-inPoint;
linear(t,0,d+.16,0,100);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is great Matt- thank you for reporting back with a solution, I always try and do the same. Linear to the rescue, once again 🙂

I'm looking for a a solution for a similarly constrained situation via Mogrt in Premiere.

I need to be able to offset the start position of a 2 keyframe animation-without affecting the end keyframe position or time.
I'm imagining via XY offset sliders in Premiere.

I'm constantly getting myself in over my head with expressions, and after receiving much help from the AE community, I just keep heading out into deeper waters!

Thanks in advance 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines