Highlighted

Expression to offset end keyframe only

Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert an After Effects text animation template I created into a .mogrt for use in Premiere Pro.  The effect contains two animators on a text layer:

• Animator 1, in which the end value of the range selector keyframes opacity from 0 to 100 over time
  • Animator 2, in which the end value of the range selector keyframes blur from 0 to 100 over time

I have created a control layer with a slider to control the duration of the opacity effect (to accommodate differing lengths of text).  My question is, how do I ensure that the end frame of the blur animator is always 4 frames after the end frame of the opacity animator?

So for anyone looking for something similar, I used the following expressions which seems to do the trick:

For the opacity animator range selector:

t=time-inPoint;
d=thisComp.layer("Controls").effect("Text on speed")("Slider")
linear(t,0,d,0,100);

And for the blur animator range selector:

t=time-inPoint;
linear(t,0,d+.16,0,100);

TOPICS
Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Expression to offset end keyframe only

Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert an After Effects text animation template I created into a .mogrt for use in Premiere Pro.  The effect contains two animators on a text layer:

• Animator 1, in which the end value of the range selector keyframes opacity from 0 to 100 over time
  • Animator 2, in which the end value of the range selector keyframes blur from 0 to 100 over time

I have created a control layer with a slider to control the duration of the opacity effect (to accommodate differing lengths of text).  My question is, how do I ensure that the end frame of the blur animator is always 4 frames after the end frame of the opacity animator?

So for anyone looking for something similar, I used the following expressions which seems to do the trick:

t=time-inPoint;
linear(t,0,d,0,100);

t=time-inPoint;
linear(t,0,d+.16,0,100);

TOPICS
Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory simply using valueAtTime(), but as so often this very likely won't evaluate correctly in MOGRTs due to the differences in how AE and Prem treat time, so probably not much point in trying. Feel free to wear yourself out getting this to work if you still feel liek you need this in your life.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

t=time-inPoint;
linear(t,0,d,0,100);

t=time-inPoint;
linear(t,0,d+.16,0,100);

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0