Highlighted

Expression to rendering composition duration = layer duration (audio placeholder).

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Is there any expression to make the duration of the rendering  composition be the same duration of a layer? As an audio placeholder, if the person adds a 3-minute audio, the rendering composition will be 3 minutes long, if the person adds a 10-minutes audio, the rendering composition will be 10 minutes long, and so on... Is it possible? That way the length of the video adapts to the length of the audio/music that the person adds. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!

Topics

Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Expression to rendering composition duration = layer duration (audio placeholder).

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Is there any expression to make the duration of the rendering  composition be the same duration of a layer? As an audio placeholder, if the person adds a 3-minute audio, the rendering composition will be 3 minutes long, if the person adds a 10-minutes audio, the rendering composition will be 10 minutes long, and so on... Is it possible? That way the length of the video adapts to the length of the audio/music that the person adds. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks!

Topics

Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any issue to tell person to select all audio layers, in the Project Panel, and hit the shortcut ALT + \ to create a composition for each audio file where the duration of each composition will be the duration of the audio file? This seems to be the fastest way to get things going the way you want.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such feature exists. You might be able to write a script that would look at an audio layer then create a pre-comp of that length, but as far as I know, there is no way for a script to access the work area and reset it so that the Render Cue or the AME would render only the work area (the default), instead of the entire comp. Resetting the work area is the only way I know to automatically change the length of the rendered comp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines