Highlighted

Expression

New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do expression multiply 50 * on this layer later. what is wrong huh ?Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Expressions, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Expression

New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do expression multiply 50 * on this layer later. what is wrong huh ?Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Expressions, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2020 0
Guide ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This way maybe:

value*50

Dan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want do use expression 50*thisComp.layer("Sound Keys").effect("Sound Keys")("Output 1") but is not working when i enter expression 50* and pair to soundkeys 1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to multiply by 50? 

If you were to use value * 50 the current value of Scroll x would be multiplied by 50 but there would be no movement. If the original value was 10 the new value would be 500 and nothing would change. 

If you want to create a constant change in the value of Scroll x the easiest thing to do is multiply time, which is the time value of the current frame, by 50. Change the expression to time * 50 and the value of X Scroll will increase by 50 every second so after two seconds the current value of 2633 would become 2733 and the geometry would move 100 pixels in X.

You need to spend some time with the User Guide or at least take a look at the featured Getting started with After Effects expressions thread on this forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0