• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extending "work area end"

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2009 Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effects Cs3 and can not extend the "work area end" indicator beyond 20 seconds. It seems it should be as simple as dragging it to the right, but that does not work. I can only make it shorter by dragging it to the left. So no matter what the duration of the file I import it will only give me 20 seconds or so of the video. I need to make a video longer than 20 seconds. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2009 Dec 06, 2009

e-marie wrote:

I am using After Effects Cs3 and can not extend the "work area end" indicator beyond 20 seconds. It seems it should be as simple as dragging it to the right, but that does not work. I can only make it shorter by dragging it to the left. So no matter what the duration of the file I import it will only give me 20 seconds or so of the video. I need to make a video longer than 20 seconds. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

One way to extend a project is to use the Comps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2009 Dec 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e-marie wrote:

One way to extend a project is to use the Compsition Settings.  In the compoisiton window right click the name of the composition and chose `composition settings' from that menu.  In the resulting dialog down at the bottom is `Duration'.  I use that to extend a project.

If you already know this, then its out of my league.  But if that helps then understand too that any layers on the timeline will have to be extended to the new end manually ... or at least if there are only a few, manually is good.

Make sure you are extending a layer and not moving it... it pretty easy to mix those up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need to extend the layers to the new extended workarea, move to end of timeline, select all layers and press alt ] (bracket not parenthesis).  That moves the outpoint for all selected layers.  If you need to extend footage, you'll have to timeremap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines