Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extruded 3D object with consistent outline

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to ask for advice about extruded 3D object with stroke. I would like it to have outline of the exact thickness. I assume, that the thickness could be treated by some expression when going further away from camera to the Z-depth. This is another topic.

But the main trouble I am facing is that the outline of Shape Layer is just on top of facing side and it gets inconsistent width when it is sloped in perspective while rotating. Have a look at the simple rectangle below please:

2020-07-10_11-25-48s-625ms_sSs.png

To get stroked even the extruded part of this rectangle I precomposed it and applied Layer Style > Stroke to this comp. The problem is obvious:

2020-07-10_11-27-54s-659ms_j1L.png

Do you see some solution for extruding rectangle and maintaining clean & uniform stroke to it please? 

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Soem vector math to determine the incidence angle might be required. You could probably get away with constructing an up vector and using the dot() product, then apply it to a cosine function that drives the thickness.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines