Exit

Eyes effect

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Can anybody help me

To know how to create this effect of  detailed scarlet eyes.

I need it so much 

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really helps to embed your screenshots by using the toolbar at the top of the form. The icon looks like a mountain with the sun.

images - 2020-05-08T033521.195.jpegimages - 2020-05-08T033509.858.jpeg

Same basic answer as before when you were asking about Aura and Re: Aura effect, separate the illustration into layers and add glows. If you are trying to do this to a single layer of video, you still need multiple layers and probably some tracking. The glowing oval can be created by adding roughen edges, turbulent displace and two or three copies of Glow to a simple shape layer. Something like this took about a minute. You are seeing all of the modifications I made to the effects on the shape layer.

Screenshot_2020-05-07 22.00.38_BQmIB8.png

I dropped one of your images into the comp just for reference. There are dozens of other ways to create similar glowing rings that can be laid on some footage using the blend mode. 

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

What about the thing in the sides of the inside the eye ring ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same idea. It's all layers. If the source footage is a movie then you have to track and create masks. If it is vector art that you are animating then it is easier to separate the work into layers. Make sure you make use of the User Guide. There are not any tutorials in there that specifically go over the techniques for adding a red glow to the iris of a character's eye, but there are plenty of tutorials that show you how to mask, track, separate layers, and add effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

I want to ask you the last thing

In his Eye's iris there is somethimg look like a fractal noise or an irregular visible aura, i don't know what is it exactly 

Do you know how to achieve that effect ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another pic more clearer

20200508_174316.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be fractal noise. You could get close with a feathered oval mask on a Fractal Noise layer with some colors and blurs added. Here's a screenshot for a compositing tutorial series I am about to publish that may help. You can see everything I have done to the solid. 

eye of sauron.gif

Two masks, Gradient ramp to get the red and yellow color, Fractal Noise with some minor modifications and an expression for rotation and evolution that simply multiplies the property by time, and glow with only the settings you see in the Effects Control Panel visible. I saved out this part of the project only so if you like you can open the Eye of Sauron.aep and play around a little. 

Put the glowing ring I explained earlier on top of this eye, then add the comp to your project, position it on top of your graphic, and you are almost done with this part.

The best way to start learning how to create those kinds of composites is to just start with a couple of solids and then start generating interesting patterns you can use in your composites. I use this kind of nested comp (pre-comp) all the time to generate atmospheric haze, light streaming from windows or through the trees, reflections, energy fields, and just about anything else I need to sell a visual effect as reality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !

Sorry for bothering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for bothering

I have problem with the Aep file because i have windows

I'm in a problem, i didn't get the same result like you 

Could you help me with a short video or something or you can send me the projects you done with eye picture but converted to Ae cc 2018 for windows

I really need your help 

• Look at my bad results the ring is not even colored

15891339015134521462217943041496.jpg

1589133977591251536634210410420.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you putting fractal noise effects on Adjustment layers? They need to be applied to solid layers or shape layers so you have actual pixels to work with.

Did you download the Eye of Sauron AEP that I shared? Try changing the Adjustment layers to regular layers by just turning off the switch. 

For the shape layer with roughen edges, the color comes from very carefully manipulating the properties and making very small changes, and the stroke color is important. Your stroke is white so there is no color information to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i download it but i have windows versio and your version is macintosh 

1. It didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you make the elipse with stroke no fill 

What i did is that i made the ocapacity of fill to 0 

I.think that is wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my method is wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for the Aep ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac/Windows is not an issue. What version of AE are you using? My project was AE 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks !

Hi,can you please see another post i posted here about another iris effect i want to achieve if you don't mind

Sorry for my questions,i'm still an amateur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines