Highlighted

Face Outline Tracking doesn't work on masked individual

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shot a client standing on rooftop with and without mask. Without mask shot yields normal face outline tracking. Client wearing mask defeats face outline tracking. Do Adobe programmers have solution? Given the many months people have been wearing masks (and considering mask mandates will go on through November), I would think a solution has already been developed.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Face Outline Tracking doesn't work on masked individual

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shot a client standing on rooftop with and without mask. Without mask shot yields normal face outline tracking. Client wearing mask defeats face outline tracking. Do Adobe programmers have solution? Given the many months people have been wearing masks (and considering mask mandates will go on through November), I would think a solution has already been developed.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I draw a relatively tight mask around your masked client footage it will face track just fine. It won't detail track because there is no nose or mouth, but if you needed those features you could draw them on the mask. I'm not seeing a problem unless the initial mask is way too wide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0