Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fast Draft Open GL Failure

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Before I get started, my specs
Windows 10 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Radeon RX 580 8GB VRAM, Intel i5-8400 CPU @2.80GHz.

So, before I posted this, I used to have 16GB RAM and updated to 32. This only affected how long my computer would hang. But did not ease my issues with AE.
Opening AE has a 50-50 chance my GPU will display a black screen, before going back to display. Any audio will be cut until I restart a program. On some instances, it'll crash my computer, and force my GPU fans to spool.
Once I open, I can launch a new project. I can work as long as I want on this project. I can save the project. Once I close AE and try to open the project file again, it crashes. On occassion it will give me an error message with:
"after effects error: fast draft: failed to create opengl context! Turning off OpenGL. (5065::0)" And close and maybe send a crash report. (filed multiple). If none happens, AE will just crash. No warning. If AE doesn't crash. It will display my project with a white preview window. Clicking anything on the window will cause the program to stop responding. Have waited up to 2 hours to no response.

This has hindered my ability to do school  work, and can't find a solution to it. My class forces us to use Adobe, so I can't just decide to use another program.
I've tried disabling OpenGL, Unchecking hardware acceleration, resetting preferences, adding new computer components. Updating AE, updating drivers. Updating Creative Cloud. None have worked, and will try to Uninstall and Reinstall.

Thank you in advance. 😕

Screenshot (2377).png

Screenshot (2378).png

  

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide the actual crash info from the event viewer/ crash logs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines