Highlighted

File created on mac will open on PC, but freezes when try to save

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a After Effects project that was created on a Mac (version 2020)

I can open it, edit it and export out files.  The project is located on an external hard drive.  When I try to save the project the save window comes up but stays at 0% until I get the top bar warning that After Effects is not responding or just crashes.  I don't have the same problem with projects that I created on the PC.  Running 2020 on both Mac and PC.

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File created on mac will open on PC, but freezes when try to save

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a After Effects project that was created on a Mac (version 2020)

I can open it, edit it and export out files.  The project is located on an external hard drive.  When I try to save the project the save window comes up but stays at 0% until I get the top bar warning that After Effects is not responding or just crashes.  I don't have the same problem with projects that I created on the PC.  Running 2020 on both Mac and PC.

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any idea about the contents of the project nobody can tell you much. The usual suspects apply: Something being named with a special character, font usage, expressions, JSON, incompatible effects. and with regards to the external drive it might actually be relevant how it's formatted and accessed. You know, there's things like user privileges and file permissions these days on both ends and not being able to save the project could be down to file system level stuff, after all.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines