• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Size got increased after exporting AEP file to mp4 using Media Encoder.

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While i export aep file to mp4, through media encoder, file size was increased nearly like 1 GB, as aep file is just 500 KB only, what's wrong in this, even i haven't load any big media files in it.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file size of a rendered movie depends entirely on the frame rate, frame size, and compression settings. If you do not have an experts understanding of video standards, compression, and formats you should only be using the presets in the AME. 20 seconds of video using the YouTube HD preset at 30 fps is going to be the same size within a few KB no matter what is going on in the project. The file size of the After Effects Project has nothing at all to do with the file size of the rendered footage or the file size of the original source footage. File size of one of my recent projects: 39 MB

Screenshot_2020-05-08 09.04.06_nD9icF.png

The file size of just one of the renders: 1.69 GB

Screenshot_2020-05-08 09.07.54_ewfDFf.png

If you are comparing the file size of the original footage and the rendered file then you are at least comparing apples to apples. If the source footage is from a mobile device or a screen capture it can have a variable frame rate and have much higher compression which would make it much smaller than a rendered copy of the same file at a constant frame rate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines