Highlighted

Final Render doesn't match Preview

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a short (18 second) video where someone swings with a lightsaber (using the saber plug in). I keyframed every frame that has the lightsaber effect in it to match the prop used in the video and it looks perfect in the preview panel at every resolution (including full). When I go to render it using Adobe Media Encoder it renders but the lightsaber doesn't match on a few frames where it did in the preview panel. I have tried toggling off and on motion blur, I restarted the entire lightsaber and reanimated it frame by frame again and nothing is working.

Attatched are pictures of 1: A screenshot showing a frame of the final render where it doesn't line up. And 2: A screenshot of the preview showing that frame line up.

Topics

Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Final Render doesn't match Preview

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a short (18 second) video where someone swings with a lightsaber (using the saber plug in). I keyframed every frame that has the lightsaber effect in it to match the prop used in the video and it looks perfect in the preview panel at every resolution (including full). When I go to render it using Adobe Media Encoder it renders but the lightsaber doesn't match on a few frames where it did in the preview panel. I have tried toggling off and on motion blur, I restarted the entire lightsaber and reanimated it frame by frame again and nothing is working.

Attatched are pictures of 1: A screenshot showing a frame of the final render where it doesn't line up. And 2: A screenshot of the preview showing that frame line up.

Topics

Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clear cache - Edit/Purge Everything

Verify frame rates for footage match up. This looks like phone footage and it may have variable frame rates. If it does you may be able to just set the frame rate interpretation to the closest standard and fix your keyframe positions in time. We don't have enough information and can't see the modified properties on the comp that looks way more complicated than it needs to be. If I were adding a lightsaber to the footage of the guy in the white shirt I would probably motion track the hands and tip of the prop saber one at a time and apply the tracking data to a couple of nulls, set up one layer as a track matte if needed to occlude any other objects in the scene, then add Saber directly to a solid. The track matte could be a simple solid with several masks with animated opacity when needed to provide a matte for the layer. 

In the future, please embed your screenshots in the forum by using the toolbar. It saves us a bunch of time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines