• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flesh/sponge physics

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to simulate flesh behaviour when you press against it.

It's similar to a sponge, but not so soft of course.

I've tried to use Newton plugin with no success (pressing on one spot makes all of the blob's joints move).

Is there any other way around this?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on what you are trying to simulate, but typically one would simply use Puppet/ Mesh Warp/ Bezier Warp to distort a pre-made graphic rather than trying to actually simulate muscle strands or blobby fat. If you could be more specific, I#m sure peopel can advise more concretely.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I'm trying to show an animation of the flesh under the skin, when a foreign object is being insert to it slowly, so the flesh should dilate slowly.

I'm indeed starting to think I'd rather animate the path, but it won't allow for easy changes later on, and I need to repeat this animation several times with different thickness of the object - so it would be easy if I could use simulation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newton3 has a SoftBody feature which should come in handy. However, if changes are required, you'll have to run the simulation again unless it's doable by linking affected KFs to a Null via Expressions or Parenting.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't able to find a good tutorial for soft body, and wasn't able to reach the behaviour I'm looking for unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines