• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font size defaults to 1px in Essential Graphics (AE mogrt > PrPro) 2020

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this isn't a newbie oversight, but I created a simple lower third in After Effects and exported an mogrt allowing source text editing and font size adjustment. When I use this mogrt in Premiere Pro, the font sizes for both text layers default to 1 pixel (which is, for all practical purposes, invisible). Should these assume the size at which they were exported? If not, is there a way to set a default?

Expoting from After Effects:

EsGr-AE-export.png

Editing in Premiere Pro:

EsGr-PP-edit.png.png

As a side note, I've had some success adding a slider and whipping it to the scale of the text, but this seems like a roundabout solution given that the font size adjustment is just a checkbox away in the text properties. Also, from a cat-herding—I mean, production—standpoint, it's easier to get people to think in terms of "52 pixels" rather than "108% of 48 pixels."

Thanks for any help.

After Effects 2020 v17.0.2 build 26

Premiere Pro 2020 v14.0.0 build 572

MacBook Pro 2017 / Mojave 10.14.6

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you set the font size to the one you want in AE before you save your MOGRT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, and thank you for your quick reply.

In trying to balance clarity and brevity I may not have been clear. But my screenshots were intended to indicate (without showing the full step-by-step process) that I had set the two lines of text in the AE file to 54 and 48 before exporting the mogrt, yet when I brought that template into Premiere Pro it rendered the text at 1px and 1px.

If PrPro respects the font size in mogrt files exported from AE for others, then maybe there's something wrong with my installation.

Your suggestion makes perfect sense, except it's not working for me... curious to hear if this works for others on MacOS or Windows / CC 2020 or earlier versions.

Thanks,

–Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a very simple MOGRT for AE and PPro CC 2020. Let me know how the Graphics Template and the AE Project work for you. 

I don't have any problems at all creating motion graphics templates in AE. Feel free to send me the one that is not working and I will take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the samples. I brought your mogrt into a simple PrPro timeline and—just as it had with my lower third—the font size of all four lines was at 1px. I was able to adjust them with the slider for each, but I had to open your AE file to see that the intended size was 169px. (I also didn't have the font you'd used, but the size problem happens even with fonts that I do have installed.)

The lower third mogrt I was banging my head against is here and the AE file that created it is here.

Forgive the awkward screen grab, but here's what I got with your four-line mogrt:

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 10.58.43 AM.png

Thanks again for your time and any advice you can offer.

–Alex

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your AEP in 17.0.6 (AE 2020) saved a MOGRT, opened it in Premiere Pro 2020 and there is nothing wrong with the font sizes. 

Screenshot_2020-04-29 23.53.31_5o06xB.png

The MOGRT is not very useful because you can't change the duration of the layer or the positon - but both of those are pretty easy to fix.

The only thing I can think of is that you are not running the latest build of Premiere Pro. Verify that there are no updates and let us know if that solves the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick and thank you for checking the sample mogrt I sent.  I agree, mine was not much of a lower-third, but I was trying to keep things pretty basic for troubleshooting purposes. (Well, that, and while I'm pretty comfortable in PrPro, I had only dabbled in AE a few years back so I'm kind of starting from scratch.)

For what it's worth, I'm glad to see that the font sizes in my sample worked for you, so on that score, at least, I wasn't doing anything wrong, or missing a step. As you suggest, that calls into question my installation of PrPro. I'm running PrPro 2020 v14.0.0 build 572 on a MacBook Pro (2017) with Mojave 10.14.6.

I'm signed into Creative Cloud and I'm seeing no updates available for AE or PrPro. I tried this file with two of my colleagues and they had the same result (which is not much of a test, since we're all on similar machines with software under the same Enterprise license).

One other thing I'm wondering... if PrPro is up to date on my machine, could it be an issue of font management? It occurs to me that my company used to use Suitcase and now it appears that we have neither Suitcase nor Adobe fonts. I tried installing the font you had used in the four line sample you had sent, and even though I was logged into CC, the Adobe Fonts page for FatFrank told me to subscribe to Creative Cloud to activate. Should I check with our licensing folks? Or is there an update to PrPro that I'm not seeing?

Thanks for your help,

–Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex - did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am having the same issue with an editor that I work with in India. I created a motion graphics template and it works just fine for me, but when he tries to use it in Premiere the default font size is 1px, and the default font is wrong. Interestingly, the font defaults to the first font in his font list - as if all the font properties are set to their "lowest value" for some reason. Seems like a bug to me, but I can't figure out why it affects some people and not others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,
I did, eventually, arrive at a fix (with the help of one of my company’s tech guys and an Adobe support tech… a long phone call, but we nailed it).
As it turns out, I was not running the latest version of Premier Pro and even though previous updates had shown up in the Creative Cloud app, this update didn’t show.
There was some obscure little .dat text file that was preventing me from getting the update.
I can follow up tomorrow with more detail if you need, but my first suggestion would be to compare version numbers (from the About Premiere Pro window).
Best regards,
–Alex

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

A little more info that might help:

I had been running PrPro 14.0.0 which was (at the time) the latest version available to me through my Creative Cloud Enterprise account. Some folks I work with outside my company had 14.1.0 and they were not having the 1 pixel / wrong font program.
See what version your editor has. If it's not up to 14.1.0 or later (I'm now on 14.2.0) he'll need to get the update. If his CC desktop app shows no updates available he can try Adobe support and reference Case E-000141754.

As an added bonus, that update also fixed a problem with the audio where the level reset changed the audio level to +9dB instead of 0dB.

Best of luck,

–Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for following up Alex! It turns out that a simple update fixed the problem, so we're all set. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines