Highlighted

Fonts not showing up in AE CC2020 or show up when missing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have few questions/issues regarding After Effects 2020 v17. If anyone could possibly provide me some insight, answers and/or solutions that would be greatly appreciated. I'm noticing a few issues with fonts. When selecting font choice under 'Character', at least 2 different instances (in the last 2 days) where installed fonts are nowhere to be found/seen in After Effects, but visible in every other application (i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator). I read a suggestion someone had made regarding the issue (which apparently isn't new or uncommon?) to uninstall and reinstall the font, to which does work. I'm not sure why this is now starting to happen, but it's frustrating to say the least. 

The other issue at hand is when opening a template that alerts me to a missing font, when I search for missing fonts in the document - nothing appears? The search feature worked fine in the previous version v16.1.3 - I'm not sure why now it doesn't?

I'm working on an iMac 18,3 (Intel Core i7, 4.2GHz) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fonts not showing up in AE CC2020 or show up when missing

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have few questions/issues regarding After Effects 2020 v17. If anyone could possibly provide me some insight, answers and/or solutions that would be greatly appreciated. I'm noticing a few issues with fonts. When selecting font choice under 'Character', at least 2 different instances (in the last 2 days) where installed fonts are nowhere to be found/seen in After Effects, but visible in every other application (i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator). I read a suggestion someone had made regarding the issue (which apparently isn't new or uncommon?) to uninstall and reinstall the font, to which does work. I'm not sure why this is now starting to happen, but it's frustrating to say the least. 

The other issue at hand is when opening a template that alerts me to a missing font, when I search for missing fonts in the document - nothing appears? The search feature worked fine in the previous version v16.1.3 - I'm not sure why now it doesn't?

I'm working on an iMac 18,3 (Intel Core i7, 4.2GHz) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 08, 2019 6
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I have an entire font family installed, and only 3 variations of the 20+ are available in After Effects!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same behavior on my AE 17.1.0 running on Mac OS 10.15.5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured out a work around since my last posting. 

In Photosop, type out any word in the font you are trying to use in AE. Save that .psd file. Import the .psd into AE as a composition. Right click the type layer, and scroll down to Create. Convert the type layer into Editable Text. The Character window, will still not know what font it is, but if you have a reference to compare to in your composition, you will find it is indeed the same font. 

Hope that helps!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, but I'd still like to see my user fonts working properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, only discovered it was happening today. Classic Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this exact issue with many of my font families not available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

MacOS 10.15.5

AE 2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 1