Highlighted

Footage not loading in Composition panel (even after the most recent update)

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was trying to view a project I'm working on an nothing is showing up in the Composition panel.

It was working a few hours ago and when it stopped showing, thought an update would do the trick - still having the same problems though.

Also when I tried to export a projet as a GIF file, the render bar doesn't even make any progress.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Footage not loading in Composition panel (even after the most recent update)

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was trying to view a project I'm working on an nothing is showing up in the Composition panel.

It was working a few hours ago and when it stopped showing, thought an update would do the trick - still having the same problems though.

Also when I tried to export a projet as a GIF file, the render bar doesn't even make any progress.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed your images using the toolbar. I can't see them at all on a mobile device. 

Cropped screenshots that do not show the modified properties of the layers you are having problems with are useless. Select the layer, press 'uu' then embed. Questions without workflow details and system and AE version info are almost useless. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your honest opinion Rick. I am new to asking/posting questions here in the community.

Screenshots below if that answers your response.

AfterEffects-ErrorAfterUpdate.JPG

AfterEffects-ErrorAfterUpdate_2.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaelp58279529,

Sorry for your issue. We'd need more information so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly.

1. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?
  2. What's the exact version of After Effects you're using?
  3. Is it happening in all the projects?

GPU drivers could cause such issues. Please make sure it's updated.

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

1. Intel i5, AMD Radeon (TM) R7 350X, 24GB, Windows 10 (if those specs answer your first question)

2. AE 17.5

3. This just happened after updating to the latest version of After Effects

I can check with our IT department if my driver software is updated.

Thank you Nishu!

AfterEffects-ErrorAfterUpdate.JPGAfterEffects-ErrorAfterUpdate_2.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0