• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Foreign language fonts all show up as English.

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create something in After Effect using Source Han Sans SC, but everything I type still show up in English. What am I missing? Why can't I see the Chinese charaters when useing a Chinese font. This font came from adobe type and is verified in font book. I get the same result in all Adobe apps. I have also enabled Chinese in the language prefrences on my mac and changed the Text Engine in After Effects to South Asian and Middle Eastern but there is not change. Please help if you can.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you reinstall the font, just in case?

https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-sans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I have reinstalled and verified the font. I am still unable to see the Chinese characters in any Adobe app, only English. This must be a setting somewhere that I am missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines