Highlighted

Frustrating error after effects warning can't write to font cache directory

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent used my AE2020 in a while and when i opened it today i've been getting this error

"after effects warning can't write to font cache directory"

All of my other adobe apps run well and especially fireworks which i been using a lot lately...(did have one buggy crash with it yesterday) But all good aside from the AE error...

Been looking online and unable to resolve it.. done uninstalling AE and reinstalling it .. + tried deleting some sort of fonts etc... 

Any help be appreciated as it was working before the recent update when i did try it months ago...

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Frustrating error after effects warning can't write to font cache directory

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havent used my AE2020 in a while and when i opened it today i've been getting this error

"after effects warning can't write to font cache directory"

All of my other adobe apps run well and especially fireworks which i been using a lot lately...(did have one buggy crash with it yesterday) But all good aside from the AE error...

Been looking online and unable to resolve it.. done uninstalling AE and reinstalling it .. + tried deleting some sort of fonts etc... 

Any help be appreciated as it was working before the recent update when i did try it months ago...

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K kinda silly but i did run as administrator to the EXE and worked.. really why would that change ever?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ely007,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please try the suggestions mentioned in the following Community post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/series-of-errors-when-starting-up-after-effects-cc-2018...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0
Ely007 LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu

............Did you read what i wrote above? Also did you bother to see the link you shared on the issue as doesnt resolve the issue. It be nice if someone technical from Adobe would support the issues here online. 

Thank you as always as love Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2020 0