Highlighted

Further advice on my fluff issue please.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a fluff issue in some footage and example is linked below.

I need to know software type and technique to get rid of the fluffy details.

Previous advice has been helpful but wondering if any more advice available.

Thanks 

Myf

Myfanwy E S McLean
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Further advice on my fluff issue please.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a fluff issue in some footage and example is linked below.

I need to know software type and technique to get rid of the fluffy details.

Previous advice has been helpful but wondering if any more advice available.

Thanks 

Myf

Myfanwy E S McLean
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having seen your previous discussions or advice, I have no idea what you've already discussed.

Are you talking about the little hairs present to the right of the burning block?  My first approach would be to use the Clone Stamp tool to paint them out, being careful to clone a very similar segment in terms of colour and light.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You right about the fluff on the right side of object.  I also see other lines I want to remove too to really tidy up the work.

Previous advice to remove fluff was Content Aware fill or Roto, then second advice from same person was to use a solid and masking it using a pen tool.  These methods may work but I need to be sure it is quicky and for video cleaning.

I understand the clone stamp feature in photoshop for stills but to clean this in a video, do I need to clean each frame this way?  Is there a method to clean in After Affects or Premiere that is much quicker? I don't own either program but would buy one to get the job done.

Thanks so much for your help.

Myf

Myfanwy E S McLean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content-aware fill is not going to work. You'll have to open up the footage in the Layer Panel (use the Paint workspace) and use a very small feathered brush to paint out each bit of lint. This will give you different starting points for each clone stamp. The starting time for each stroke will have to be extended to the first frame of the clip. It's easy to find the clone strokes in the timeline by typing "clo" in the search field, then just click and drag as you do with a layer.

Screenshot_2020-09-22 08.43.11_iPLFyT.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see some lens flares, I see some lint on the object, I see some rough edges. What are you trying to remove? Take a screenshot, mark it up, then use the toolbar to embed it in your post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have circled a screen shot of the video.  The  fluff is not always in shot as it flickers with the light.  This is a video and I want to be able to clean it and hope to do so using after effects or premiere, also hoping to not have to manually clean each frame, ifs that possible.

Previous advice to remove fluff was Content Aware fill or Roto, then second advice from same person was to use a solid and masking it using a pen tool.  These methods may work but I need to be sure it is quicky and for video cleaning.

Screenshot 2020-09-22 162411.png

Myfanwy E S McLean

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0