Highlighted

Get file path from imported after effect project file

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

im currently write a c++ plugin to iterate through every item in my project. My project has other after effect project files imported and i try to get the file paths from this aep-files. I see that every aep-file is typed as "AEGP_ItemType_FOLDER", but how can i get the full file path from this files? For footage there is the function "AEGP_GetFootagePath(...)" but i cant find a similiar function for aep-files! 

Thanks.

Mike

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

There is no such thing. An imported project is just a data structure, not an actual external source. It gets converted and appended to the host project data immediately. If you need to retain this info, you need to glean it from the projects' actual source files up to weird stuff like creating a dummy element that just holds this info and can be read programmatically later.

Mylenium

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Get file path from imported after effect project file

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

im currently write a c++ plugin to iterate through every item in my project. My project has other after effect project files imported and i try to get the file paths from this aep-files. I see that every aep-file is typed as "AEGP_ItemType_FOLDER", but how can i get the full file path from this files? For footage there is the function "AEGP_GetFootagePath(...)" but i cant find a similiar function for aep-files! 

Thanks.

Mike

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Mylenium | Most Valuable Participant

There is no such thing. An imported project is just a data structure, not an actual external source. It gets converted and appended to the host project data immediately. If you need to retain this info, you need to glean it from the projects' actual source files up to weird stuff like creating a dummy element that just holds this info and can be read programmatically later.

Mylenium

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 1
Mike_MM LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

tanks for you answer, you're right. It's only a copy from imported project. If i delete the imported Project after import, it has no effect in my project. So i can ignore this. 

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0