• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get repeated shapes to follow position and rotation at an offset time position?

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Main.gifI created this.  I want to repeat the moving elongagted triangle shape around the rectangle almost 10 times. How can I use a repeater to create copies of this without having to just duplicate 10 times the layer and offset the layer positions on the timeline? Can I get the  repeated shapes to follow position and rotation at an offset time position? Is there an expression for this?

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

You basically have two options. Dan Ebberts' Creating Motion Trails or the Echo effect. Motion trails will require 10 copies, Echo relies on time to offset a copy of the animated layer. The shape layer repeater cannot be used because it does not offset objects based on time, it offsets all copies by a single position, rotation, and scale multiplier.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You basically have two options. Dan Ebberts' Creating Motion Trails or the Echo effect. Motion trails will require 10 copies, Echo relies on time to offset a copy of the animated layer. The shape layer repeater cannot be used because it does not offset objects based on time, it offsets all copies by a single position, rotation, and scale multiplier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines