Getting crush report every time I open Premiere Pro and After Effect

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my crush report:

Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Exception Parameters: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000994
Exception Message: 3221225477 The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

Application Specific Information:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdrcl64.dll

My rig:

Ryzen 7 3700x

RX5700 XT

32gb RAM

I am able to use PR and AE pretty well even though eveytime I open any one of them a crush report is generated. I am currently working on a flat animiation short where I import bunch of composites from AE to PR, and I was only able to get a few frames on preview and AE is just super laggy when I work on my composites. The cpu usage is always below 20% while RAM is sitting around 60-70%. I know upgrading to 64gb could potentially solve the problem, but the crush report still concerns me. Did a little research myself and only found people having the same issues on Intel CPU which crosses off Ryzen incompatibility off my list. I am open to any suggestions and fixes! Thanks in advance!!!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's some intel driver crashing. What specifically it may be is impossible to determine without detailed crash logs or employing tools like Sysinternals' Process Explorer that can show dependencies of processes and files. Investigate deeper. Also start by checking your device monitor. If a device is flagged or runs in legacy mode it could easily be the culprit here. Could be as trivial as an old USB mouse even or whatever...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines