• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2023 green preview with H.264 files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what the h*** is going on with AE 23? Since I have the latest version I have problem with h264 files. All project files converted to newest verision doesn't read h264 format. Only files what I've created in AE 23 are good. What about my all projects created before?! I removed user preferences, uinstalled and installed few times AE and encoder, and the problem is still there. I wasted a lot of time.

[NOTE: The title of this discussion has been changed by the moderator to include version number]

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

I updated yesterday and it's working for me so far. Will update here if I run into any issues. Thank you everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed via Nvidia driver update version 527.56 and later. We recommend installing the Studio version of the driver.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 172 Replies 172

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mariusz217618472njp

I understand that H.264 files appear green for you in After Effects 23.0, is that correct? 

If that's the case, can you try the solution given in this thread? https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/imported-footage-is-green-in-the-preview/m-... 

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't work, but I found a temporary solution. I can't convert files from the previous version but I can import the project (not open) and it works fine with h264. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know, @Mariusz217618472njp.

I'll share this with the After Effects team.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately the problem still exists ... I don't know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. Thank you. Btw this is sick! function that does not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LIKED IT SO I MADE A FOOTAGE PRECOMPOSITION AND IT BECAME NORMAL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahahahah @ТВОЙ27418861194n oh man this made me laugh.

Seriouslt though I have this same issue and it's not fixed yet. I'm getting it mostly with mp4 files but also with a mov file just now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi editing XDCAMEX footage in After Effects 23.6 ...on a Mac Book Pro Laptop mid 2014 ...NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB ...green flicker persists ...have tried the above ...except installing the studio version of the driver? how can we access the studio version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the new updates of Nvidia drivers have solve the problem, but, consider not to have any QuickTime footage in the scene, I've found that conflicts with After Effects lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am struggling with an error that has been going on for several months.
Any help would be appreciated.
When working with After Effects, a green flicker appears on the original video.
I'm really stressed out

1. I also reinstalled the geforce 3060 ti graphics driver.

2. I tried to change it to interpret footage - more options - smooth video(?) The more options item was not activated

3. I looked it up and it said that mp4 files cannot be activated.
4. Uninstall Premiere and After Effects and reinstall

5. Repeat the same phenomenon again please.

I would appreciate it if you could just solve the remote control or whatever.

The computer specs are good as I bought it 6 months ago. please answer about my question. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You more or less answered your own question: You need to spend more time straightening out your graphics driver or turning off hardware acceleration alltogether. the rest we can't know. You have not provided exact system information, your hardware acceleration settings or details about the files in question.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green flicker always used to be associated with codecs, until GPUs decided to start messing up video.  It might contain a codec that AE cannot access, I know GoPro released a codec for their recordings.  If the video plays fine outside of After Effects, take a look at converting the video using either AME, Handbrake or VLC and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was making a project in AE 2022, and when 2023 released, the project converted which added strange green glitch effects and distortion at random points in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard answer: Update your system's graphics driver, check your hardware acceleration options. And since you use game footage, you may consider transcoding and conforming it beforehand in Handbrake or a similar tool. Screen recordings often have issues like irrgular framerates or damage to their MPEG streams, which can easily exacerbate any problems you have in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya matey, we all know to update our drivers thats the first thing we all do.. that is like telling us to turn our computers off then on again to try and fix a computer error haha.. sorry for being crass but come on... The best thing I found was to run the footage in question through AME (Adobe MEdia Encoder) and then reupload it and replace the footage. It works first time but can sometimes glitch if I am doing several reloads of it. To which I reupload the video again. I have 3090 cards on all my machines which blitz through anything when i am using my 3D rendering programs which would be the first to cough and splutter if I had issues with drivers etc...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using 2022 version of ae for a 4-5 months and nothing was wrong until 3 days ago. I didnt updated or changed anything on the pc but suddenly it started to show me glitched frames, they are mostly green and top part of them are more vibrant noisey green. And sometimes when i edit a video and then open another project it glitches again like always, it shows a frame of previous project and same green glitched frame. I tried everything i can; i tried cleaning cache, uninstall and install, upgraded to 2023 from 2022, updated my drivers, uninstalled and installed older versions of drivers, using software and hardware, using another formats, tried changing every setting about rendering, previewing, preformance and cache but whatever i do its always the same result. The render is same as well its not just preview. And when i try to render from Media Encoder it gets stuck on before the green frame and when i cancel the render Media Encoder no longer connects to AE and when i drag and drop the project file to select it gets stuck at connecting to project state. I cant reinstall windows so dont tell me to do it. My pc specs are RTX 3070, 64GB 3600Mhz RAM, Ryzen 7 5800X, 500GB and 1TB m.2 SSD's, 1TB and 2TB HDD's. And everything other then After Effects and Premier Pro works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the comp preview I'd start by setting the comp resolution back to "Auto" Using a third resolution, but 50% may not mesh well and cause soem odd hardware acceration issue. Other than that I'd check your Windows Update and uninstall the latest patches from the last two weeks. Perhaps something has been updated that affects your stuff, be that just a single DLL related to your graphics driver. Also of course double-check your NVidia stuff. You may still inadvertently have changed something or running a game has switched options around.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i already tried. I just uninstalled all the latest updates on my windows and installed my gpu drivers fresh. preview res is does not effect the bug. I think its about caching problem but cant find why and dont know how to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bro u are king lol. I made it auto from the custom. Not that has fixed 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick update. Here is a video of my issue. I really tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screen recording, b4ris.

Can you try disabling the "Enable hardware accelerated decoding (requires restart)" in Edit > Preferences > Import? Don't forget to clear the cache and restart After Effects after disabling.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I dont think you are grasping what we are all telling you. WE havent all got graphics driver issue ost of us update as soon as a new driver comes out and I am a little fed up of hearing it must be a driver update issue or a windows update issue. I imagine it is a Adobe AE 23 issue as that is the point thatthis all started happening. I found a fix that works sometimes and that is to run all my mp4's or stock footages through AME and then reupload it to my work on AE. That sometimes fixes. Sometimes I have to change the damn settings to PAL/SECAM in the preferences but thats a little off as I am guessing at what will work etc.. I do what ever it takes to prefer the files for one render as usually when I upload the project again the next day it has all gone wrong again. Adobe I pay a lot of money per month to you sojust fix the issue and stop blaming everyone else. Please!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @daniele28522158,

I'm sorry for your issue, and I understand your concern.

Let me try to elaborate:

Complex software applications like After Effects, Premiere Pro, and other video tools use hardware and system resources differently. These apps talk to the system components, such as the GPU, more often than other apps like a word processor or an email client. Most of this happens in the background without the user knowing.

Software development is an ongoing process. No software is bug-free when it's released to the public. Bug fixes drive software updates along with other enhancements. While installing software updates automatically is recommended for most casual users, we should always take time to read the release notes. Your Nvidia 526.98 driver update release notes PDF has 38 pages with dedicated sections for Fixed Issues, Open Issues, What's New, and more.

Driver updates are more frequent and affect apps differently. The Game Ready driver, for instance, is optimized for games. The Studio driver, in comparison, is optimized for production software. Nvidia created two different drivers for a reason.

Sometimes, an update causes a new issue that is not identified during testing. That's when companies like Nvidia, Adobe, Intel, Apple, etc., talk to each other and share these issues. Depending on the root cause, a fix comes from either company. Again, most of this happens behind the curtains, and users don't know about it. They shouldn't be! After all, we want our users to focus on creativity and leave the technicality to us.

I know it might seem to you that this issue is with After Effects 2023 because the timing of these updates closely aligns with each other. Unless you are 100% sure that you started experiencing the problem after using AE 2023 for the first time AND your Nvidia driver didn't update itself automatically in the background, then it could be an issue with After Effects that we need to investigate.

As a few users in this discussion confirmed, it seems like the issue could be related to the Nvidia driver update. Maybe not the latest Nvidia update but the one before that. As I mentioned, we're investigating it and will share an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I made a project yesterday and now when I open it up again the whole footage is green idk why this is. I tried:

- Restart AE

- clear cache

- turn off hardware accelerated rendering in composition

- get the latest nvidia drivers

Graphics Card: RTX 2070 SUPER

SKULLedits_0-1668092101322.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines