Highlighted

Go to next item shortcut not available anymore in 17.5 ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I used this shortcut all the time.

J, or K used to "go to previour or next item in timeline" This would include markers that I could scan through and set up for quick viewing of key moments in a scene.

Now it only works for markers.  

When I tried to set a command manually in the shortcut menu the command is not available.

yet the online resource on Adobe says the command still works.  Is the online resource out of date?

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/after-effects/using/keyboard-shortcuts-referen...

Is there a way to still have the j and k keys operate as they used to or is this removed now?

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Go to next item shortcut not available anymore in 17.5 ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I used this shortcut all the time.

J, or K used to "go to previour or next item in timeline" This would include markers that I could scan through and set up for quick viewing of key moments in a scene.

Now it only works for markers.  

When I tried to set a command manually in the shortcut menu the command is not available.

yet the online resource on Adobe says the command still works.  Is the online resource out of date?

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/after-effects/using/keyboard-shortcuts-referen...

Is there a way to still have the j and k keys operate as they used to or is this removed now?

TOPICS
How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It continues work for me. Go to Edit > Keyboard Shorcuts and select any other keyboard template to test if it works with any other template configuration.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AE is giving you problems. As long as a keyframe is visible in the timeline the 'j' and 'k' keys work just fine for all 3 current versions of AE including the public beta.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0